- Neelesh B. Mehta has been been awarded "IIT Roorkee-Khosla National Award (Engineering)"
- Neelesh B. Mehta has been been elected as a Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA)
- Neelesh B. Mehta has been elevated to an IEEE Fellow for contributions to opportunistic selection in wireless communication systems
- Sayan Sen Gupta's paper on "Correlation-Aware Ordered Transmissions Scheme for Energy-Efficient Detection" has been accepted for presentation at ICC 2020, June 7–11, in Dublin, Ireland.
- Sayan Sen Gupta and Sai Kiran's paper on "Ordered Transmissions for Energy-Efficient Detection in Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks " has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communication
- Sarvendranath's paper on "Exploiting Power Adaptation With Transmit Antenna Selection for Interference-Outage Constrained Underlay Spectrum Sharing" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communication
The current research work in the lab focuses on performance analysis and design of next generation cellular mobile radio systems such as 5G-NR, wireless system and protocol design for energy harvesting wireless sensor networks, cognitive radio, cooperative communications, multiple antenna systems, and interference modeling.
"We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students, both PhD and M.Tech. (Research), to join the group and work on cutting-edge and exciting research problems in wireless communications. These address challenges in the physical, MAC, and radio resource allocation layers of current and next generation wireless communication systems. Interested students may email email@example.com"