Faculty (1992– present), Chair (1 Jan 2015 — 10 Sep 2017) Department of ECE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Affiliated Professor, Department of Signal Processing,Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden (2010– 2016). Visiting Faculty (1995, 2002)
|Visiting Associate Professor, Stanford University, Stanford, USA(1999-2000)
||Visiting Professor, Aalto Univeristy, Espoo, Finland (2002)
- Chair of the Expert Group, constituted by the Department of Telecommunications (DOT), Government of India, to study the interference of satellite signals on WiMAX in the 2.5-2.7GHz. This group included members from the DOT, Indian Space Organization, WiMAX Forum, Samsung, Huawei, Intel, WCAI(US), KDDI(Japan) (2009-2011). The work was important in the context of spectrum auctions in India, 2009-2011.
- Advisor to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 2G/3G Spectrum Auctions (2011).
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Karnataka State Open University’s M.Sc (Mobile Applications) programme (2011- ).
- Member, Board of Studies, Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham (2013 – )
- Member, Governing Council, DOEACC, Ministry of Information Technology, Govt. of India (2001-2005)