Member, Board of Governors, IEEE Signal Processing Society as Vice President – Membership, (1 Jan 2020 – 31 Dec 2022)
Member, Board of Governors, IEEE Signal Processing Society as Regional Director-at-Large, (1 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2019)
- Chair of the IEEE Ad-hoc committee on India Strategy (2017)
- Chair, IEEE Bangalore Section, 2016
- Member of IEEE Signal Processing Society’s Signal Processing Theory and Methods Technical Committee (SPTM-TC) (2014 – 2019).
- Associate Member of IEEE Signal Processing Society’s Sensor Array and Multichannel Technical Committee (SAM-TC) (2010 – Present).
- Vice-Chair, IEEE Bangalore Section (2012, 2013)
- Chair, IEEE Signal Processing Society Bangalore Chapter in 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013. Part of the Founding team of the Bangalore Chapter in 2001. Active member of all activities of the Bangalore chapter in organizing International conferences (SPCOM series), SP-Connect, an activity for connecting students and technologists.
- General Chair, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies (IEEE CONECCT), 17-19 Jan 2013.
- General Chair, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies (IEEE CONECCT), 6-7 Jan 2014.
- Member, Industry Forum and Exhibition Committee, International Conference on Communications (ICC 2013), 9-13 June 2013, Budapest, Hungary
- Member of IEEE 802.16 working group in the IEEE Standards group. Initiated the work for IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX) standard on wireless channel models, 1999-2001.
- Member of the IEEE University Programs Ad-hoc Committee (UPC), IEEE Educational Activities Board (IEEE-EAB), USA. The mission of the UPC is “To promote and enhance the content and delivery of engineering education globally.” Nominee is the only member from India (2010 – present).
- Member of Technical Program Committees of several International conferences supported by IEEE like IEEE ICC, IEEE CONECCT, EUSIPCO, VTC, Pernets.
- Reviewer of the papers submitted to IEEE journals (TSP, SPL, JSTSP) and IEEE conferences.