BTech in Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, 1995
MS in Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, 1997
MS in Mathematics, University of Michigan, 2001
PhD in Electrical Engineering: Systems, University of Michigan, 2001
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
DST Swarnajayanti Fellowship in the Engineering Sciences (2015-2020)
Editorial boards: SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics; Cryptography and Communications (Springer)
- Praneeth Kumar V. and N. Kashyap, “The Secure Storage Capacity of a DNA Wiretap Channel”, arXiv:2201.05995
- B. Huleihel, O. Sabag, H.H. Permuter, N. Kashyap, and S. Shamai, “Computable upper bounds on the capacity of finite-state channels”, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 5674-5692, Sept. 2021.
- S. Vatedka, N. Kashyap and A. Thangaraj, Secure Compute-and-Forward in a Bidirectional Relay, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 2531-2556, May 2015.
- N. Kashyap, A Decomposition Theory for Binary Linear Codes, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 3035-3058, July 2008.
- N. Kashyap, Matroid Pathwidth and Code Trellis Complexity, SIAM J. Discrete Math., vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 256-272, 2008.