EC 2.17, ECE main building
Department of ECE
Indian Institute of Science
Bengaluru 560 012
Tel: +91 80 2293 2279
Fax: +91 80 2360 0563
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Communications Engineering
- Convenor, Centre for Networked Intelligence
- Member, Applied Probability Research Group
Parimal Parag is currently an associate professor in department of electrical communication engineering at Indian Institute of Science at Bangalore. He was working as senior systems engineer in R&D at ASSIA Inc. from October 2011 to November 2014. He received his B. Tech. and M. Tech. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in fall 2004; and the PhD degree from Texas A&M University in fall 2011. He was at Stanford University and Los Alamos National Laboratory, in autumn of 2010 and summer of 2007, respectively.
His research interests are in design, performance evaluation, and control of large distributed and networked intelligent systems applying mathematical tools from queueing theory, information theory, coding theory, and optimization methods. His previous work includes performance evaluation, monitoring, and control of large broadband communication systems and networks. His other research interests lie in the areas of applied probability, game theory, statistical signal processing, estimation & detection theory, and combinatorics.
- Aug 03, 2022: Nomula Taraka Sada Siva Srinivas has joined the group.
- Aug 01, 2022: Teaching E2.202 Random Processes in Fall 2022.
- Jul 15, 2022: Attended IEEE SPCOM 2022.
- Jun 30, 2022: Invited talk at IMT Atlantique Brest.
- Jun 24, 2022: Member of TPC for ICC Wireless Communications Symposium 2023.
- Jun 23, 2022: Invited talk at Munich Workshop on Coding and Cryptography 2022.
- Jun 17, 2022: Vishnu Kunde presented his MTech thesis project work.
- Jun 16, 2022: Rooji Jinan presented her thesis work at PhD colloquium.
- Past news