EC 2.17, ECE main building
Department of ECE
Indian Institute of Science
Bengaluru 560 012
Tel: +91 80 2293 2279
Fax: +91 80 2360 0563
Parimal Parag is currently an associate professor in department of electrical communication engineering at Indian Institute of Science at Bangalore. He is also the convenor of the centre for networked intelligence, a faculty participant at Robert Bosch centre for cyber-physical systems, and a member of the applied probability research group. He was working as senior systems engineer in R&D at ASSIA Inc. from October 2011 to November 2014. He received his B. Tech. and M. Tech. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in fall 2004; and the PhD degree from Texas A&M University in fall 2011. He was at Stanford University and Los Alamos National Laboratory, in autumn of 2010 and summer of 2007, respectively.
His research interests are in design, performance evaluation, and control of large distributed and networked intelligent systems applying mathematical tools from queueing theory, information theory, coding theory, and optimization methods. His previous work includes performance evaluation, monitoring, and control of large broadband communication systems and networks. His other research interests lie in the areas of applied probability, game theory, statistical signal processing, estimation & detection theory, and combinatorics.
- Nov 14, 2023: Call for papers is open for SPCOM 2024.
- Oct 17, 2023: Invited talk at Govt Engineering College Munger.
- Oct 06, 2023: Article co-authored by Rooji Jinan, Ajay Kumar Badita, and Tejas Bodas accepted for publication at PEVA.
- Oct 03, 2023: Invited talk by Ashok Krishnan K. S. at ITC 35 based on the journal article co-authored by Chandramani Kishore Singh and Siva Theja Maguluri at ACM TOMPECS.
- Oct 02, 2023: Registration open for LPS 16.
- Sep 27, 2023: Invited talk in workshop on next generation communication systems and networking at DIA-RcoE, IISc Bangalore.
- Sep 20, 2023: Invited talk at IIIT Delhi.
- Sep 20, 2023: Invited talk at IIT Delhi.
- Sep 19, 2023: Invited talk at Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR.
- Jun 20, 2023: Co-chairing technical program commmitee at SPCOM 2024.
- Jun 16, 2023: Article co-authored by Ashok Krishnan K. S., Chandramani Kishore Singh, and Siva Theja Maguluri accepted for publication at ACM TOMPECS.
- Apr 27, 2023: Article co-authored by Rooji Jinan, Gaurav Gautam, and Vaneet Aggarwal appeared at ACM PER.
- Apr 06, 2023: Registration is open for CNI Summer School 2023.
- Apr 04, 2023: Registration is open for JTG/IEEE Summer School 2023.
- Mar 01, 2023: Rooji Jinan defended her thesis.
- Feb 22, 2023: Member of the organizing committee for JTG/IEEE Summer School 2023.
- Jan 01, 2023: Teaching E2.204 Stochastic Processes in Spring 2023.
- Past news