EC 2.17, ECE main building
Department of ECE
Indian Institute of Science
Bengaluru 560 012
Tel: +91 80 2293 2279
Fax: +91 80 2360 0563
Parimal Parag is currently an associate professor in department of electrical communication engineering at Indian Institute of Science at Bangalore. He was working as senior systems engineer in R&D at ASSIA Inc. from October 2011 to November 2014. He received his B. Tech. and M. Tech. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in fall 2004; and the PhD degree from Texas A&M University in fall 2011. He was at Stanford University and Los Alamos National Laboratory, in autumn of 2010 and summer of 2007, respectively.
His research interests are in design, performance evaluation, and control of large distributed and networked intelligent systems applying mathematical tools from queueing theory, information theory, coding theory, and optimization methods. His previous work includes performance evaluation, monitoring, and control of large broadband communication systems and networks. His other research interests lie in the areas of applied probability, game theory, statistical signal processing, estimation & detection theory, and combinatorics.
- Apr 27, 2023: Article co-authored by Rooji Jinan, Gaurav Gautam, and Vaneet Aggarwal appeared at ACM PER.
- Apr 06, 2023: Registration is open for CNI Summer School 2023.
- Apr 04, 2023: Registration is open for JTG/IEEE Summer School 2023.
- Mar 01, 2023: Rooji Jinan defended her thesis.
- Feb 22, 2023: Member of the organizing committee for JTG/IEEE Summer School 2023.
- Jan 01, 2023: Teaching E2.204 Stochastic Processes in Spring 2023.
- Past news