PhD, California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, USA), 2001 In Electrical Eng.
MS, California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, USA), 1997 In Electrical Eng.
B. Tech. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, 1996 In Electronics & Communications Eng.
E2 203 Wireless Communications
E2 302 Next Generation Wireless System Design
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) 2020
- IEEE (for contributions to opportunistic selection in wireless communication systems) 2019
- Indian National Academy of Engineers (INAE) 2015
- National Academy of Sciences India (NASI) 2013
- Recipient of IISc’s Alumni Award for Excellence in Research 2021
- Recipient of the Khosla National Award in Engineering of IIT Roorkee 2019
- Recipient of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (QInF): With student Vineeth Kumar 2018-19
- Recipient of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (QInF): With student Reneeta Isaac 2017-18
- Recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in Engineering Sciences 2017
- Recipient of the biennial Hari Om Ashram Prerit Vikram Sarabhai Research Award 2015 in Electronics, Informatics, Telematics, and Automation & System Analysis or Management, awarded by the Physical Research Laboratories, Ahmedabad, India 2016
- Recipient of Swarnajayanti Fellowship, awarded every year by the Dept. of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, to 12 scientists of age 40 years or less 2016-21
- Recipient of the NASI-Scopus Young Scientist Award 2014
- Ashok Kumar Reddy Chavva, Neelesh B. Mehta, “Millimeter-Wave Beam Selection in Time-Varying Channels with User Orientation Changes,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 20, No. 11, Nov. 2021. pp. 6987–7000.
- Sarvendranath, Neelesh B. Mehta, “Statistical CSI Driven Transmit Antenna Selection and Power Adaptation in Underlay Spectrum Sharing Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 60, No. 5, May 2021, pp. 2923–2934.
- Sayan Sen Gupta, Neelesh B. Mehta, “Ordered Transmissions Schemes for Detection in Spatially Correlated Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 69, No. 3, Mar. 2021, pp. 1565–1577.
- [Vineeth Kumar, Neelesh B. Mehta, “Modeling and Analysis of Differential CQI Feedback in 4G/5G OFDM Cellular Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 18, No. 4, Apr. 2019, pp. 2361–2373.
- Rajat Talak, Neelesh B. Mehta, “Optimal Timer-Based Best Node Selection for Wireless Systems with Unknown Number of Nodes,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 61, No. 11, Nov. 2013, pp. 4475–4485.